Completed in October of 2021, This is a custom build for a customer that has acquired quite a few Pomeroys in the past. #273 is another walnut backed oval hole mandolin in a sequence of many. I couldn’t be happier with how they’re looking and sounding. This one also features:
- Red Spruce top, X braced
- American walnut back, sides and neck
- Relic Golden Age tuners/matching tailpiece
- 1 3/16″ bone nut
- bound top, back, fingerboard and headstock in ivoroid
- traditional rossette
- Shop made ebony adjustable bridge/saddle
- Adjustable truss rod and 3 piece laminate neck construction
- Soft “V” neck profile
- 10″ Radiused fingerboard with MOP dots and side markers
- oil varnish finish
Letting you know that #273 is safe and sound in its new home. Nice packing! My word, I do believe it could have survived being tossed from an airplane to my apartment!
The mandolin is absolutely gorgeous! Because of you, I am a huge fan of Walnut. The figure of that wood is stunning and hypnotic.
Playability is spot on and with a great feel. More than anything, the sound out of it knocked me out!
Well done sir! Fabulous craftsmanship!” Ron Tobias, owner #273