I have re-acquired this unique mandolin. It was originally built and sold in the Fall of 2017. I re-finished the top after it sustained some minor finish crazing with the original owner. He loved it but wanted the mandola I recently had for sale, so we swapped them out and I found myself back in possession of one of my favorite creations.
I was fortunate a few years back to find a small amount of moderately figured walnut in a saw mill I frequent in Vermont whenever I’m home visiting family. This was the first mandolin that I built with it, and I’ve never been happier with the results. In addition to the visually pleasing qualities of this noble American hardwood, my impression is that it offers a mellower but more focused tone than the maple I’ve always used in my oval holes. Please listen to the audio sample below and hear for yourself.
In addition to re-coloring and re-finishing the top, I’ve gone through it completely, even as the original owner took very good care of it for sure. It is like new even as I’ve lowered its original cost. It comes with the same full lifetime warranty that goes with all my instruments.
Features of A-2 Mandolin #239:
- Colorado Englemenn spruce top, with V bracing
- Golden Age “Relic” tuners in vintage nickel finish
- 1 3/16″ width bone nut
- Shop made ebony adjustable bridge/saddle
- Adjustable truss rod and 3 piece laminate neck construction
- Soft “V” neck profile
- 10″ Radiused fingerboard with MOP dots and side markers
- Traditional 2-piece tailpiece in relic nickel finish with Pomeroy “Lady” logo cast in silver
- Semi-gloss nitro lacquer finish
- Hardshell case
- Full lifetime warranty
- offered at $1900.00