Pomeroy Mandocello, completed in May 2014 for Bill O’Connor of Bandera TX.
This “mandolin” features:
- Hand carved, artist grade and locally harvested Englemenn Spruce top
- Ivoroid binding
- Red Maple back sides and neck
- 12″ radiused ebony fingerboard
- 1 3/8″ wide bone nut
- U shaped neck profileCustom headstock inlay in Mother of Pearl
- Pomeroy crafted ebony bridge
- Nitrocellulose lacquer finish in semi gloss
- Schaller tuners
- Allen tailpiece
- Custom hardshell case from Cedar Creek
My hands are tired… and it’s all your fault! What a wonderful instrument! I love it. More importantly, my wife loves it. It makes the bass clef lyrical. It really is grand. I’m thrilled with it. Thanks, Don.
– Bill O’Connor in Bandera TX, owner of Pomeroy Mandocello
Listen to the Pomeroy Mandocello
In the Bleak Midwinter” featuring the Pomeroy mandocello. Tune by Tyler Jackson from the wonderful, all-acoustic Christmas album with Kristin Jackson and Bill O’Connor – Listen here.