Completed in March 2020, this is another oval hole in oil varnish. It features the following:
- Red maple figured sides and back
- fully bound in classic ivoroid: top, back, headstock and fingerboard
- Golden Age “Relic” tuners in vintage nickel finish w/ matching tailpiece
- 1 3/16″ width ebony nut
- Shop made ebony adjustable bridge/saddle
- Adjustable truss rod and 3 piece laminate neck construction
- Soft “V” neck profile
- 10″ Radiused fingerboard with MOP dots and side markers
- oil varnish finish
- Hardshell case
- Full lifetime warranty
offered at $2400.00
“I counted the minutes until the box warmed up but it was well worth the wait.
I’ve played a lot of mandolins in my 63.5 years, including an Ellis, Duff, Gilchrist, old f-style Gibsons and Collings (during the year I lived in Nashville in 2004 where I spent Saturdays at Gruhn Guitars), so I can say from my experience you are definitely in that class of craftsman.
This mandolin is extraordinary in all ways: more thang anything it sounds great and is a joy to play.
How you have kept your prices modest is not clear to me.” Ron Tobias, owner April 2020